63: Theories of Everything: Cosmic Controversies, Great Debates, and Scientific Speculations -- Part 2
Experimental evidence for any current Theory of Everything is, at best, inconclusive. This is perhaps the greatest fundamental challenges facing physics. That lack of progress has opened up a sea of controversy. Welcome to the second in our two-event series about Theories of Everything!
Watch the first one: https://youtu.be/3MX8EpvLwao?sub_confirmation=1
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel to watch one-on-one interviews with the guest speakers and more: https://www.youtube.com/DrBrianKeating?sub_confirmation=1
Please join my mailing list: http://briankeating.com/mailing_list.php to receive "conference proceedings" and other goodies from these events. From disagreements about the very necessity of TOEs, to questioning the cost/benefit of mega-billion dollar particle accelerators in search of them, to the emergence of competing TOEs from physicists outside of the academic community.
In this 90 minute chat, we dive into the existential questions around TOEs. Special thanks to Matt O'Dowd, Lee Smolin, Sabine Hossenfelder, and Eric Weinstein for helping us create this great event.
Our Guests' Work:
- Sabine Hossenfelder YouTube Channel, Lost in Math: How Beauty Led Physics Astray: https://amzn.to/3kL9huy
- Eric Weinstein The Portal Podcast: https://ericweinstein.org/
- The Portal Wiki: https://projects.theportal.wiki/
- Lee Smolin The Trouble With Physics: https://amzn.to/3agWJpH
- Einstein's Unfinished Revolution: https://amzn.to/30LW7VV
Watch my most popular videos: Eric Weinstein: https://youtu.be/YjsPb3kBGnk?sub_confirmation=1