50: Sarah Frier : No Filter -- The Inside Story of Instagram.
Sarah Frier is a prolific technology reporter for Bloomberg. Her new book, “No Filter: The Inside Story of Instagram,” is both a compelling account of Instagram’s history and a record of the social media platform’s impact on society. Professor Brian Keating’s interview with Frier covers a range of topics, including the inspiration to research and write the book, the role of augmented technology, and how social media will be changed by the COVID-19 pandemic. Show notes and resources are available here: https://briankeating.com/blog.php
- 00:07:39 The meanings behind the title and cover of “No Filter.”
- 00:14:45 Social media moguls as humans and not just characters in the story.
- 00:22:15 How to tell a story when everyone knows the ending.
- 00:31:15 Anyone can be an Instagram celebrity.
- 00:41:00 Will a new platform emerge during the pandemic?
- 00:47:51 Technological advances keep Instagram relevant.
- 00:53:11 Questions INTO THE IMPOSSIBLE asks all authors.
Sarah Frier is a technology reporter for Bloomberg News and Businessweek. She earned a journalism degree from the University of North Carolina. Her articles on social media have won awards from The San Francisco Press Club and other organizations. Buy Sarah Frier’s book here: https://amzn.to/2X6rurs Read Frier’s articles on Bloomberg here.
- Listen to Frier’s interview on the podcast Recode Decode:
- Find Frier on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahfrier/ and Twitter: https://twitter.com/sarahfrier
Please subscribe, rate, and review the INTO THE IMPOSSIBLE Podcast on iTunes for a chance to win a copy of Frier’s book.
🏄♂️ Find Brian Keating on Twitter at https://twitter.com/DrBrianKeating
🔥 Find Brian Keating on Instagram at https://instagram.com/DrBrianKeating
📖 Buy Brian's book LOSING THE NOBEL PRIZE: http://amzn.to/2sa5UpA 🔔 Subscribe for more great content
A production of http://imagination.ucsd.edu/
Produced by Stuart Volkow @svolkow