Peter Diamandis: Episode 45 of Into the Impossible
Peter Diamandis is a remarkable entrepreneur, and futurist, best known as the Founder & Executive Chairman of XPRIZE Foundation. His new book, written with Steven Kotler, is “The Future is Faster Than You Think: How Converging Technologies Are Transforming Business, Industries, and Our Lives.” Already a bestseller, it is both timely and important. In this discussion with Brian Keating, Diamandis shares his vision for technological and educational advances over the next decade and how COVID-19 has accelerated the timeline.
Show notes and resources are available here.
- 04:49 How COVID-19 will change what the next ten years look like.
- 13:02 The Tricorder XPRIZE and how Star Trek inspired Diamandis.
- 18:19 Artificial intelligence and human intelligence need to work together.
- 27:03 “For the first time ever, the human race has a singular enemy.”
- 36:46 Should universities offer lifelong subscriptions?
- 45:28 Technology marches forward; make it a force for good.
- 50:30 Arthur C. Clarke supported Diamandis’ early pursuits.
It may have taken a global pandemic for many people to understand exponential growth, but Diamandis has used it for years to explain technological advancement. Understanding Diamandis’ 6 D’s - digitization, deception, disruption, demonetization, dematerialization, and democratization - can help entrepreneurs make an impact. Diamandis is a graduate of MIT and Harvard Medical School. While still in school himself, he co-founded The International Space University which boasts multiple astronauts as alumni. He also co-founded the weightless flight company Zero G that provides training flights for NASA. He is an advisor and friend of the Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination at UC San Diego. Diamandis and Steven Kotler have written three bestselling books together. He co-hosts the podcast Exponential Wisdom with Dan Sullivan.
Buy books by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler:
- The Future is Faster Than You Think
- BOLD: How to Go Big, Create Wealth and Impact the World
- Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think
Learn more about the Tricorder XPRIZE
Listen to Peter Diamandis on a previous episode of INTO THE IMPOSSIBLE
Watch the documentary VISIONEER: The Peter Diamandis Story on Amazon Learn more about The 6 D’s of technological growth here: www.diamandis.com/blog/the-6ds Find Peter Diamandis on the web: www.diamandis.com and Twitter: https://twitter.com/PeterDiamandis
Please subscribe, rate, and review the INTO THE IMPOSSIBLE Podcast on iTunes for a chance to win a copy of Diamandis’ latest book.