Episode 9: Artificial Imagination
Deep Dream generated image, based on Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night.
Try to identify all the AI-related clips in the montage at 0:30, and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll pick pick one winner to get a Clarke Center prize!
- Google Artists and Machine Intelligence
- Refik Anadol
- Harold Cohen
- Ross Goodwin
- The Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination on Facebook and Twitter
All interstitial music was composed and, in many cases, performed by AI (presented in order of appearance):
- Minuet in D, performed by Elaine Chew and composed by MorpheuS-Bach
- “Omusic 07,” by Melomics
- Set #1, featuring a tune written by the Bot Dylan AI and performed by Eimear McGeown, Tad Sargent, Daren Banarsë and Rob Webb
- “Attention RNN Song Sample 1,” by Google Magenta
- “Lookback RNN Melody 2,” by Google Magenta
- “Lookback RNN Melody 3,” by Google Magenta
- Bach style chorale, by EMI and David Cope
- “Daddy’s Car,” by Sony CSL
- Illiac Suite for String Quartet, by Lejaren Hiller and Leonard Isaacson
- “Attention RNN Song Sample 2,” by Google Magenta
- “Break Free,” by Taryn Southern
- "Genesis" Symphonic Fantasy in A minor, Op. 21, by AIVA
Email us at email@example.com.