Episode 5: Limits of Understanding
On this episode, we’re touching up against the outer limits of cosmology, and through that bringing up questions of limits on the imagination, the role of theology, and the end (and ends) of the universe. First, we’ll hear Paul Steinhardt on developing the inflationary model of the universe—and then casting that model aside in favor of the radically different cyclic model that replaces the Big Bang with a neverending series of Big Bounces. Then David Brin, science fiction author and futurist, shares his perspective on understanding religion, enabling discussion, and how nice it would be if we were all reborn in computronium as the universe collapses in on itself.
- Christian Bjoerklund, "Hallon"
- deef, “nostalgia of an ex-gangsta-rapper"
- Jon Luc Hefferman, “A Storm at Eilean Mor”
- Lee Rosevere, “Slow Lights"
- Tapeworm Collective, “Interludes,” and “Clockticks"
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org