Episode 16: Alien Contact: Part 2
We’re continuing our conversation from episode 14 about alien contact by focusing on language barriers: barriers betweens humans and aliens, humans and animals, and, in what some consider the most alien encounter of all, between scientists and artists. With acclaimed science fiction writer Ted Chiang, dolphin researcher Christine Johnson, and visual artist Lisa Korpos.
- Ted Chiang
- Christine Johnson
- Lisa Korpos
- The Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination on Facebook and Twitter
- A.A. Aalto, "Balloons Rising"
- Candlegravity, "Tomie's Bubbles" and "Rei of Sunshine"
- Ryan Little, "Sleight of Hand"
- Podington Bear, "Pives and Flarinet"
- Unheard Music Concepts, "Home"
- Chris Zabriskie, "I Should Have Been More Human," "Remember Trees?" and "The Oceans Continue to Rise"
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.