Episode 12: Speculative CubeSats
How can CubeSats—the small, standardized satellites paving the way for the democratization of space—change our sense of the possible? We dive into two projects: the Planetary Society's Lightsail 2, with Director of Science and Technology Bruce Betts, and with MacArthur Genius grant-awardee Trevor Paglen, we discuss Orbital Reflector, the first satellite to be launched purely as an artistic gesture.
Trevor Paglen's Orbital Reflector
- The Planetary Society
- Trevor Paglen
- The Space Kingdom of Asgardia
- SEDS at UC San Diego
- Arthur C. Clarke's story "The Sunjammer"
- Brian Keating, and his forthcoming book Losing the Nobel Prize
- The Arthur C. Clarke Center for Human Imagination on Facebook and Twitter
- Deformister, "Satellite"
- The Freeharmonic Orchestra, "Satellite"
- Jon Luc Hefferman, "A Storm at Eilean Mor"
- lietoofine, "The Dark Saint of the Moon"
- siimon_mathewson, "Lonely Satellite"
- siimon_mathewson, "stars & satellites"
- Mystery Mammal, "Lonely Satellite"
- Podington Bear, "Satellite Bloom"
- Lou Reed, "Satellite of Love"
- Studio Noir, "Lost Satellite Seeks Home"
- transient, "moonbeats"
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.