87: Unni Turrettini: Betraying the Nobel: Secrets, Corruption, and the World's Most Prestigious Prize
Betraying the Nobel: Secrets, Corruption, and the World's Most Prestigious Prize! This was a fascinating interview for me to conduct, with a 'sister-in-arms" who is rallying the world to restore Alfred Nobel's lofty vision for the Peace Prize. Unni wrote The Mystery of the Lone Wolf Killer and comes back with a powerful shot across the bow of the Nobel Peace Prize: BETRAYING THE NOBEL! I was honored to write a blurb for the book, saying
"The Nobel Peace Prize is perhaps the most closely held monopoly of its kind, charged by Alfred to be the 'conscience of the world.' Yet Turrettini's impeccably researched, masterfully argued case against the prize is airtight: the prize teems with invidious corruption, politicization, secrecy, opacity, and unaccountability. Hope endures that the award may someday live up to Nobel's alturistic aspirations—but only if the Peace Prize Committee hearkens to Turrettini's clarion call for reform."
In our interview you'll learn: Why Alfred Nobel might not object to Donald Trump winning the Peace Prize The worst Nobel Peace Prize winner in history... What can be done to restore Alfred's noble vision?
- 00:00 INTRODUCTION
- 03:03 DONALD TRUMP?
- 15:15 WHY SWEDEN?
- 30:30 WHO WAS THE WORST CHOICE FOR THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE?
- 40:00 HOW CAN THE NOBEL PEACE PRIZE BE REFORMED?
Unni and I are in complete resonance when it comes to the tarnish on the Nobel. The peace prize is as distorted from Alfred's original intentions as are the science prizes. It's mesmerizing to watch Unni mix an attorney's keen analytical mentality with a journalist's powerful observation skill to illuminate the flaws with the Peace Prize. All along she mixes in humor and even Alfred's love-life, which had been more mysterious to me than why the committee keeps nominations sealed for a half-century...
Brian Keating's most popular Youtube Videos:
- Eric Weinstein: https://youtu.be/YjsPb3kBGnk?sub_confirmation=1
- Jim Simons: https://youtu.be/6fr8XOtbPqM?sub_confirmation=1
- Noam Chomsky: https://youtu.be/Iaz6JIxDh6Y?sub_confirmation=1
- Sabine Hossenfelder: https://youtu.be/V6dMM2-X6nk?sub_confirmation=1
- Sarah Scoles: https://youtu.be/apVKobWigMw
- Stephen Wolfram: https://youtu.be/nSAemRxzmXM
Host Brian Keating:
- 🏄♂️ Twitter at https://twitter.com/DrBrianKeating
- 🔥 Instagram at https://instagram.com/DrBrianKeating
- 📖 Buy my book LOSING THE NOBEL PRIZE: http://amzn.to/2sa5UpA
- 🔔 Subscribe for more great content https://www.youtube.com/DrBrianKeating?sub_confirmation=1
- ✍️Detailed Blog posts here: https://briankeating.com/blog.php
- 📧Join my mailing list: http://briankeating.com/mailing_list.php
- 👪Join my Facebook Group: https://facebook.com/losingthenobelprize
🎙️Please subscribe, rate, and review the INTO THE IMPOSSIBLE Podcast on iTunes
A production of http://imagination.ucsd.edu/